This position drives truck equipped with water and keeps proper level on all equipment assigned to the driver. Conducts all work in accordance with company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Makes daily pre/post trip inspections on assigned vehicle in order to maintain maximum vehicle safety conditions and to check for any damaged or work parts or for any signs of tampering. Must report all problems found to the shop immediately.
- Drives tanker truck to predetermined destinations applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and of roads in the area.
- Work with Paving Crews, Spray Bituminous Tack-Coat.
- Maintains a truck log in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Communicates any problems with traffic or with site conditions are reported promptly. Also, gets information on the location of the job site and the locations of any light bridges or roads on the way to the site.
- Complies with all aspects of truck maintenance, cleanliness and repair in accordance with the guidelines specified in the Truck Driver’s Handbook.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred or related work experience
- 1 -2 yrs CDL driving experience with a GVW of 33,000 pounds or greater
- Must have Tanker endorsement
- In compliance with all DOT physical requirements
- Valid class B Commercial Drivers License is required
- Hazmat experience preferred but not required
- Skilled in the operation of loading and unloading of fuel and oil from the fuel truck at terminals
- Valid Driver’s license required