Responsible for supervision of safe and efficient field operations for assigned PAVING job site(s). Conducts and directs all work in accordance with Allan Myers policies, procedures and programs
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in multiple aspects of one of the following work processes (i.e., excavation, pipe, concrete or paving, grading, mechanical and/or other relevant disciplines).
- Supervises hourly crewmembers and plans/schedules manpower and equipment as needed.
- Manages deliveries from suppliers and subcontractors to ensure safety, profit, scheduling compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction in all customer and inspector relations/interactions.
- Plans and directs work and maximizes equipment utilization by employing delay free production.
- Communicates productivity metrics, quality standards and daily performance to crewmembers.
- Ensures work site is prepared for the next crew.
- Conducts Daily Huddle meetings.
- Follows the All Paving, Inc. Safety Program including pre-planning to identify conditions and exposures, proper safety and personal protective equipment and accident investigation and reporting.
- Secures all safety equipment and personal protection equipment (PPE) necessary for himself/herself and crewmembers to maintain a safe work operation.
- Completes thorough preplanning that successfully identifies unique site conditions, major exposures and controls.
- Enforces All Paving, Inc. safety procedures with crewmembers and subcontractors within their work zones.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Field Managers, Superintendents and the customer to implement successful project plans.
- Provides on the job training to crewmembers for assigned tasks.
- Communicates performance expectations for productivity, quality and safety to crews and ensures progress towards expectations.
- Maintains performance documentation and provides input to salary and promotional recommendations.
- Administers disciplinary action for crewmembers and subcontractors as appropriate and consults with Superintendent/Trade Superintendent as needed for resolution.
- Encourages and promotes teamwork, motivation, people development, the Collaborative Way and retention.
- Communicates, follows and enforces Human Resources, Equipment/Dispatch, Project Management Foundation Manual policies and other applicable Allan Myers policies and procedures.
- Reviews, understands and applies the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Communicates customer issues or clarifies contract questions with Project team, as needed.
- Develops and implements Three Week Schedules on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews pre-job checklist and identifies areas of concern; communicates with Project Team to resolve any issues/problems.
- Interprets and monitors crew cost reports and crew cost factors.
- Administers timely and accurate documents for project-related activities including change orders, time and materials, purchase orders, daily job control reports and receiving slips/invoices.
- Maintains adequate control of materials and all supplies.
- Supervises hourly operations personnel including laborers, equipment operators, drivers, etc. May supervise Career Track Partners. May direct the activities of subcontractors and other suppliers.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (continuing education in construction highly desirable)
- Minimum 3 years of construction experience in paving with one or more years construction supervisory experience preferred
- OSHA 10 hour required
- Valid driver’s license required
Technical: labor and equipment reporting, operations means and methods, preconstruction planning, quality control/assurance, safety policies and procedures, safe work procedures.
Business: relationship management.
Leadership/Management: accountability, change management, coaching/mentoring, corporate policies, decision making, leadership, people development, progress reporting, supervisory, training/teaching.
Personal Attributes/Skills: business ethics/integrity, conflict resolution, diversity, influence/persuasion, listening skills, negotiations, oral communications, problem solving, time management, written communications.