This position requires heavy physical duties on a variety of tasks which are generally either unskilled or semi-skilled in nature. Duties will vary depending on the type of work assigned to crew. Laborer can become a specialist within a crew such as a “Top Person” or a “Pipe Layer” on a pipe crew.
- Digging, spreading and shoving dirt and gravel using pick and or shovel.
- Lifts, carries and holds building materials, tool and supplies.
- Cleans tools, materials and work areas.
- Mixes, pours and spreads concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other material using hand tools.
- Performs a wide variety of manual tasks including pipe assembly, pipe cutting and laying, removal or forms from set concrete, taking layout shots, directing equipment operators on cuts and fills, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education/Certificate:
- 1-2 years of experience on construction sites.
- GED/high school diploma or related work experience.
- Trade school a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be able to work well independently or within a team.
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.