Paving your own driveway can be demanding, especially if you don’t have expertise in it. Paving the driveway is a step by step process that needs to be done precisely and patiently. If you don’t follow a set of procedures for asphalt paving, then you might spoil the front look of your property which can lead to loss of its value whenever you plan to sell it. A good-looking property definitely adds a lot of value and therefore sets a standard in the mind of its guests. Checkout the Experteasy website to learn some tips for preparing your property when it comes to selling it.
Therefore, it is important to read this article carefully and consult an expert if you have any specific questions:
- Design a Blueprint.
- A blueprint of your property is a “must have” before going forward. A slight blunder on your blueprint can cost you thousands of dollars and massive rework in the later stages which will not be a good thing for the structure of your driveway paving.
- It is always advisable to consult a paving construction company for designing a blueprint in the initial stages which might not cost that much as compared to its aftermaths. Since All Paving provides consultation services for all your property management needs, we are a call away from taking a look at your property.
- Make sure your project qualifies for all the necessary needs such as adequate drainage for which you should have a slope of at least 1/8″ per linear foot (1/4″ slope per linear foot is often recommended).
- Consult Before you Proceed.
- Asphalt driveway paving consists of several elements of construction that you might not have in mind, but with the advice from an expert, you can always have peace of mind to go forward with your pavement.
- Most of the time it is possible that there are several amounts of legal regulations that are bound to an area of your property for which you have to adhere to before constructing anything. Hence, a good tip is to speak to someone who holds an expertise in the legal parameters of the regulations involved in the construction of your pavement driveway.
- Also, it is necessary to contact your local utilities company before you proceed digging in the ground to ensure that you don’t accidentally strike or obtrude any cables or pipes.
- Get the Material.
- Order the Bricks, Driveway Pavers and Concrete material of your choice. Make sure you measure your driveway area before purchasing them and always keep a cap of 10% of the area if your design has curves and 5% of area if it doesn’t.
- Most of the time you need to keep this extra material because either on a straight line or on a curve, you need to cut some of the paving to get the right fit on the slab. The more elegant your outline, the more pavers you’ll have to cut.
- It is important to use the correct asphalt mix, normally the mixes used for driveways have more asphalt binder and fewer air voids than the mix used on main roads. The above, with the purpose to give to the surface a finer texture and a smoother appearance in order to obtain a curb appeal of the project.
- Drying Time in a Paving Project.
In order to reach a correct pavement drying and successful results in your property, it is necessary to wait at least 3 full days before permitting traffic on the new asphalt area.
- The asphalt pavement surface that has been recently applied in the parking lot or the driveway could be soft at least from 6 to 12 months, this is the normal curing and hardening time.
- In case the temperature of the place is warm, it is better to wait more than 3 full days in order to allow the traffic again along the driveway or the specific area.
- If you want a harder and more resistant structure, it is recommended use concrete pavers instead of asphalt.